Hello and bonjour, I'm an old member of the hl2rp and serious rp community and have created a fair few servers in the past. Currently, I have two server projects in the work I am hoping to release within the coming months.
MAGE RP is something nearing completion of its work, as I like to often try making original conceptual servers to break away from the normal overdone server types, to provide you with a unique experience. MAGE RP has various inspirations, a combination of Harry Potter, Sabrina, Tyranny, and House Telvannni from morrowind.
Here are some of the server's features.
- A unique setting and lore
- Dozens of magical types and specializations for unique characters
- Hundreds of spells creating an ultimate magical sandbox, because of how the lore is written inspired from tyranny's magic, if the magic doesn't exist, you can become an archeon and become the father of a school.
- Solid progression system, and player goals, from gaining higher tiers of magic, to working to advance your faction, gaining immortality can be just the beginning to your ambitions as you work up imperial titles, or even vie to take the emperor's throne.
- A turned-based combat system
- Gather a group and set off on dangerous expeditions outside of the city to lore rich and highly dangerous regions to grow stronger.
There are several docs I am not releasing yet, particularly regarding rules of jhyaad (player on player faction combat), imperial ranks & laws, and a magic wiki, untill they are finished and I have another manager to help with general balancing. (Spells are not overly balanced, some are clearly more combat-focused while other schools have far greater strategic bonuses, most often you will need to battle with strategy, many things have a counter, or a bane class, like Pyromancers being the bane of druids, and witch doctors or Cryomancers being the bane of Pyromancers)
However here is the available document for a lore overview, it's an alternate universe wherein a nutshell world war one ended amazingly, and a human paradise was established, however a divine Apocolypse began, with a surprise victor, humanity, with after a magocracy government was formed similar to House telvanni.
The only issue I am having currently is the lack of reliable veteran staff, to the point I'm even willing to start paying for quality staffers.
HALF-LIFE 2 EARLY OCCUPATION RP
This is a server i've actually done a number of times and is my most successful server type by far usually gaining 30+ players when at first I had no base, even those who joined only to minge around converting to play on the server for all it offers. It takes place a week after the seven-hour war, the citadel is being constructed still, labor camps are set up along the supply roads to it's site, no loyalist unions have been formed from the start creating an extremely customizable lore where your actions HIGHLY matter. Here are just a few pointers of what Early Occupation is like.
- Create your own Labor Union, after gaining the attention of local combine enforcers and a following of supporters you have the option to negotiate for your own labor union to be created, paving the path for the future how you wish depending on your actions.
- Assist with the construction of the citadel, feel the effects of your labor as the bar to the finishing of the citadel climbs up every day, eventually completing ending the crisis.
- Survive, as the world is still being torn asunder by portal storms as aliens still swarm earth, the camp will have to go on the defense during the storms waves, citizens will be permitted to leave the labor camp to scavenge for more materials, and be checked as they reenter the city. Combine will occasionally reward you to assist with setting up defenses outside of the camp.
- Join one of the two major citizen ideologies, either the slackers whom rest in the bar, or the loyalists whom lurk in the town hall, each with their own entertaining side activities and opportunities.
- Experience Labor like you haven't before in HL2rp, Combine will assign your apartment a list of duties you must complete, I have coded in dozens of different workcycle areas, from powerplants, to manufacturies, to chemical plants, a break from labor will be actually more exciting, apart from randomly walking about with little to do.
- Advance your side or cause. Become a human diplomat, teaching the combine more about humanity, while nagotiating for the people of the camp , become a loyalist and join the university to be able to work in higher skilled factories, or work with the slackers to smuggle in things, and reconnect with other stranded humans still resisting and surviving and pave the way for one day a possible uprising.
- IMMEDIATELY get pulled into the world, with a cutscene once you join explaining the lore and events going on, and be welcomed by the combine as you step off the buss assigning you an apartment and duties right away, combine are there to get you working, not tell you to pick up a can and stand in one place with little better to do.
This is a server I can pull up any time since I have done it before, but will likely wait a little while before doing it yet again.
Ottoman Resistance RP is actually not a normal server but a series of events server, more of a D&D campaign in gmod clockwork. It is a prequel to MAGE RP, taking place in WW1, experience an intense story as you start as ottomen infantry before deserting as hadjuk's and side with lawrences rebellion, and help bring down the ottoman empire. I hope to do this short server at some point.
Here is my discord. https://discord.gg/KRts8Fh
(Yes it's near empty and dead, that's because I created it awhile back during the start of development, have wiped it a few times, and still don't plan to make it fully active until I have more staff assisting with the servers again, I am partnered with several larger communities and can flood the discord anytime, but don't wish too until it's more ready.)